The mission of YCNS is to elevate the voices of young singers and to spark artistic connections with the community.
Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion
Whether building a community or performing a piece of music, you must learn to trust each other. Youth Chorus of the North Shore believes that everyone has a role to play, a part to sing, and that expressing your unique voice and experience through music not only elevates the individual personally, but also the chorus artistically.
At YCNS, we provide access to musical opportunities to children across differences of race, age, ethnicity, gender identity and expression, sexual orientation, religion, national origin, disability/abilities, and socioeconomic background. We strive to create an environment where mutual respect is intrinsic, and believe that by incorporating all that makes each participant distinctive, we can enrich our community for the better.
- Choral singing creates a joyful environment of music, friendship, and community.
- Accomplishments in vocal and musicianship education lead to self-confidence and pride.
- Sustained engagement with diverse and challenging repertoire cultivates a deeper appreciation for and love of music.
- Young singers thrive by performing together as committed artists.
- Instruction in music literacy and vocal training is essential for young singers to reach their artistic potential.
We have been thrilled with our daughter's experience with YCNS. Lauren teaches all the important techniques of serious singing while also exposing the children to a rich, varied, and global repertoire of music. Our daughter's confidence in her singing has grown considerably.
We build a foundation for artistic and personal growth by offering:
- Music literacy instruction, including note reading, vocabulary, and expressive techniques.
- Age-appropriate vocal training.
- Varied repertoire.
- Challenging yet reasonable goals.
- Performance opportunities.
- A warm, nurturing atmosphere that fosters friendship and community.
YCNS has afforded and deepened the love of music for my 10 year old daughter who was quite shy. Her enthusiasm and confidence in singing has matured immensely since joining.